Built in the late 1800’s, 45 Lindsley’s history started with the steamboat culture of the mighty Cumberland River. Over the years it has been home to a family that made “cure-all ointments” and survived a fire in which it was nearly lost. The walls are rich with stories displayed by the original patina you see on them today: this is the history of Rutledge Hill, the history of Nashville. The VICTORIAN is one of the last remaining homes of that era in the neighborhood. Sharing this historic backdrop with friends, family and colleagues adds character to any event.
The Great Hall
Bringing “new” to the historic element of The Cordelle, The GREAT HALL is perfect for seated and standing events. Truss ceilings and a westerly wall of windows and glass doors add to the airy beauty of this hall. The GREAT HALL has been designed to create a flow throughout your event with accessibility to the covered porch, the gardens, the kitchen, restrooms, the LOFT and VICTORIAN. The seamless nature of this room adds to the venue’s unforgettable appeal.
Shaded by a 100-year-old Hackberry tree, our garden brings the serenity of the country to downtown Nashville. The openness of the 4,000 square foot outdoor lawn allows for tented events and gives the flexibility to bring in décor that will personalize your unique occasion. The landscape of the area provides a lush natural backdrop just off the covered porch.
Bridal suite, green room, VIP or staging area, the LOFT is a perfect addition to the venue below. Hand crafted barn doors by local artisan, Holler Designs, make the balcony entry to this area a spectacular place for photos or a grand entrance. The LOFT is complete with a private suite, lounge and dining area, wet bar and separate bathroom.
- The Cordelle is located in downtown's historic Rutledge Hill, less than a mile from Nashville's state of the art Music City Center Convention Center.
- Clients will have access to the entire property on the day of their event. This will include The Victorian, The Great Hall, The Loft, The Garden and catering kitchen at no additional charge.
- Vendors can be selected without restrictions and a respected vendor list available upon request .
- Clients may provide their own beverage package including alcohol.
- A Site Rep from The Cordelle will be present through the entirety of the event.
- Off-site parking is available at an additional fee or street parking for up to 150 guest count is available at no charge.
Interior: 175 Seated
Covered Patio: 60 Seated
Courtyard: 350 Seated
Cocktail: 300 Interior Seated / Standing
Total Capacity Exterior / Interior: 400 per Fire Code